Policies & Procedures
See below for our school policies and procedures.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a privacy and data protection regulation in the European Union effective from 25th May 2018.
The GDPR imposes new obligations on organisations that control or process personal data and introduces new rights and protections for EU citizens.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of all relevant Data Protection Legislation, including GDPR, ensuring all personal data is handled in line with the principles outlined in the regulation.
The school complies with the Public Sector Equality Duty. The summary below is how we have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation:
- Through our curricula, we aim to educate pupils about the importance of the protected characteristics, equalities and the values of tolerance and respect.
- We are aware of the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and that it is unlawful to discriminate, treat some people less fairly or put them at a disadvantage
- Our governors and trustees have been briefed on their legal responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 and have also been involved in supporting our schools to meet its public sector equality duty
- We endeavour to keep an accurate record, when possible and appropriate, of the protected characteristics of our pupils and employees
- Our schools have a behaviour policy that outlines our expectations of both pupils and staff in their interactions with each other, including our approach to tackling bullying, prejudice and discrimination
- We deal promptly and effectively with all incidents and complaints of bullying and harassment
- We keep a record of all such incidents and notify those affected of what action we have taken
- Our schools have a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Policy that outlines the provision the school makes for pupils with special educational needs
- Our complaints policy sets out the procedures through which we deal with any complaints
- We aim to observe and implement the principles of equal opportunities and non-discrimination in our employment practices
- We pay due regard to safeguarding and protecting our pupils within our recruitment practices
- We have procedures for addressing staff discipline, conduct and grievances